In vitro fertilization (IVF)
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a process designed to enhance the likelihood of conception in couples where an egg is fertilized by sperm outside the body. IVF is a major treatment for infertility when other methods of assisted reproductive technology have failed. The process involves monitoring a woman's ovulatory process, removing ovum or ova (egg or eggs) from the woman's ovaries and letting sperm fertilize them in a fluid medium in a laboratory in controlled conditions.
The fertilized egg (embryo) is then transferred to the patient's uterus with the intention of establishing a successful pregnancy.
PLAN YOUR FIRST VISIT
- You may visit the centre between day 20h day to 25th day of your period
- In case if your periods are irregular or they have stopped , you may come any dayYou will have to visit the centre between (11:00 AM-4:00 PM) by appointment onlyYour first day at the centre would be TESTING / INVESTIGATION and CONSULTATION.At the Same day or the Next day, you will get your test reports and then REPORT DISCUSSION will take place followed by Treatment plan.Then we can plan when to call you next and how longer you need to stay here to complete your treatment .
- On the second day of your period, to assess baseline sonography followed by daily injection
- Then 7th to 9th day and alternate day thereafter to check growth of your eggs
- Daily Hormone Injections are continued
- Sonography And Blood Tests During The Cycle as and when needed are done
- Ovum Pickup comes around 13 to 15th day, day care stay is needed till evening
- Embryo Transfer 3 to 5 days after ovum pickup.
- Post Embryo Transfer rest as day care.
- Counselling for further medicines and care.
Follow up around 14 to 16 days after embryo transfer.